Database Programmer (Python) - Phalanx Biotech Inc.
Notice: You may contact me (Dr. Greg Tyrelle) directly on IRC (#python.tw, nick: gregty) if you have an further questions. This notice may be distributed to other relevant job posting sites.
- Company: Phalanx Biotech Inc.
Field: Biotechnology, IT, R&D
- Position: Database Programmer, Full-time
- Education: Bachelor Degree or above (computer science, engineering, or equivalent)
- Experience: 0-2 years of experience
- Essential skills: Python programming, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Linux OS, English proficiency
- Location: Hsinchu Science Park
- Salary range: TBD
Do you have enthusiasm for solving interesting problems. A desire to learn about the exciting growth industry of Biotechnology ?
Phalanx Biotech is a fast growing Biotechnology company located in the Hsinchu Science Park. Our main competency is the high-throughput manufacture of high-density microarrays. Microarrays are widely used in biomedical research and medical diagnostics. The Bioinformatics department is seeking to employ a database developer who will support our research team to collect and store large amounts of genomics data, for use in data mining and product development. You will be building an in-house microarray database, with associated APIs developed using the python programming language. You will be working with a small team of international scientific researchers in an English speaking environment.
What you will need for this position:
- Knowledge of the Python programming language
- Knowledge of the standard Python DBI interface
- Hands-on experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of database schema development
- Experience with Linux as a development environment
- Ability to communicate in English
- Linux system administration experience
- Biological knowledge
- Statistics/Biostatistics knowledge
- Knowledge of the R programming language
What you will be doing:
- Developing prototype database for storing microarray data
- Writing database access APIs in the Python programming language
- Supporting our research team to access and manipulate the stored data using APIs for data mining and product development
- Support and maintenance for the database server and associated applications.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to learn about a hot new field
- To improve your programming knowledge
- To improve your communication abilities in the English language
- To programing in a language you enjoy!
If you are interested please send your Chinese and English resume in PDF format to Phalanx human resources department (bonniechou[at]phalanxbiotech[dot]com), with the position title in the subject of your email.